I thought it would be fun to do a Question and Answer type of thing, but I was too cowardly to ask you to ask me questions. I decided that I would just ask myself all the questions, if that’s all right with you. Then no embarrassing questions can be asked, like “Do you brush your teeth every night?” and “What’s the most humiliating thing you’ve ever done?”
All right, now, let’s get started.
1. Do you brush your teeth every night? Um…wait a minute…I thought I wasn’t going to ask that question. Let’s skip to the next one…
2. What weird quirks do you have? Oh dear. These are not the type of questions I was thinking of asking myself at all. But I just couldn’t resist. After all, I’m just as eager to hear my answers as you. Well, one weird quirk I have is that I almost always put on my headphones when I sit down at the computer, even when I’m not listening to music. In these recent winter months, I’ve been using them for ear muffs.
3. What word do you like saying really fast? Idiosyncrasy. (Idiosyncrasy, idiosyncrasy, idiosyncrasy, idiosyncrasy, idiosyncrasy…) And in case any of you were wondering what that means…no, it is not another longer, more elaborate word for “idiot”. It means “A mode of behavior or way of thought peculiar to an individual.”
4. Have you ever been hit in the head with a ball? Several times probably, knowing my klutzy self. But the one that I remember most is the time that a guy threw a football at my nose (I’m sure it wasn’t on purpose) while we were playing Jackpot. It hurt even worse than the time my cousin sat on my face while we were playing tackle football.
5. How many books have you read this year? No idea…but probably somewhere between 15 and 20.
6. Have you ever broken any bones? Besides my littlest toe, no.
7. Well, since you haven’t actually broken any bones, do you remember a time when you came pretty close to it? Yes. I was at CRC (Christian Resource Center) for some sort of church picnic, and I saw a lever on a pole by the zip line. Naturally, I had to try and crank it. It turned out to be a bad idea. I found out soon enough that the lever tightened or loosened the zip line cable, and that it was NOT smart to try and turn it tighter when the cable was already as tight as it could go. The lever spun out of my grip and smashed my hand against the zip line pole. I couldn’t use that hand for a looooooooong time to do even the simplest things, and I am honestly surprised that nothing was broken.
8. What is the coolest thing you’ve ever done at a zoo? 1), touch a dolphin; 2), touch a sting ray; and 3), watch three movies in the Omaha Zoo’s IMAX. One of the movies was called Tornado Alley, and another one had something to do with 3D monkeys and elephants. And the last one was called “AMAZING CA”. I think it actually was supposed to say “AMAZING CAVERNS”, but some of the words fell off the sign.
9. What is the weirdest reaction you’ve ever had to something? Once I was downstairs in someone’s basement with some of my friends when something cold touched my foot. I started hopping up and down on one foot and yelling, “Ow, ow! Oh, that was weird! Ouch! Oh my goodness! Wow, that was really strange. Ouch! What on earth?!” Everybody was looking at me very strangely and wondering if I got a cramp in my foot. I never found out what it was that touched my foot, either.
10. When was the last time you laughed about something? (As in, the last time you weren’t laughing about nothing.) When I was thinking about my stupid reaction to that cold [and maybe imaginary?] something that touched my foot.
11. If someone told you that this post was getting too long, would you believe that person? No.
12. If someone picked up a giant toad, showed it to you, and said, “I’ll be a gentleman and not throw this at you,” what would your response be? I would most likely say, “Oh, that’s a cool frog…can I hold it?” And when I had it in my hands, I would probably throw it at the guy, who would then say something like, “Oh, ew! Did you seriously just do that? Gross!” (I may or may not know this from personal experience…)
13. What movie that you HAVEN’T seen would you most like to see? I’d like to see Beyond the Mask (I’ve heard that it’s similar to Pendragon — it’s actually from the same producers, come to think of it…) and I want to try Alone Yet Not Alone. I’m also very excited that The Ultimate Life (prequel to The Ultimate Gift) came out, and I’m going to watch it very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I’m excited?)
14. Do you like cooking? No. I like baking cookies, though… And that’s more important than cooking anyway. At least it is in my opinion.
15. Well, even though you don’t like to cook, are you capable of making meals? Um…well, I can make grilled cheese sandwiches, scrambled eggs, macaroni-and-cheese, and pizza…if the crust is already made. *wince* But I can partially rectify this embarrassing situation by saying that the macaroni-and-cheese that I make is homemade. It’s not the Walmart stuff that comes in a box.
16. What is your strangest possession? My “mankie” (the way I said “blankie” when I was little) that I’ve had ever since I was a small baby. I am quite capable of sleeping without it, but it’s nice to have it since it’s always so cool against my cheek. And I certainly wouldn’t admit to you that my capability comes from necessity…I think one of my siblings stole it off my bed the other night, just to see me scrambling around the room, looking under my pillows, blankets, and my bed to see if I could find it. And even if I would have admitted that my capability comes from necessity, I certainly wouldn’t have admitted that I would have scrambled around the room looking for it. Teenagers just don’t do those things these days.
17. What is the strangest dream you’ve had? Actually, I think you’d probably be creeped out if I told you the strangest dream I’ve ever had. But one of the many strange dreams I had was about Colby…before Colby was born. Yeah. I’ve also had dreams where I was the narrator, telling what was happening and who was going to say what. And I’ve had cartoon dreams before, too.
Word to the wise: Be glad you’re not me when it comes to dreaming.
18. Speaking of dreams, what are some of the scariest dreams you’ve ever had? One scary dream I had was about my cousin Mark falling off my grandma’s monkey bars. He hit his head and was knocked unconscious. I quickly ran over to him and shook him awake, fearing that he had hit his head hard enough that he might not be able to remember anything. Mark opened his eyes and said something like, “What time is it?” My relief turned to horror when he began to laugh really creepily, and his eyes started crossing, and blue blood started coming out of his mouth. In real life, my cousin is weird…but not that weird.
Believe me, sometimes having imagination is not a good thing.
19. Oh, and speaking [again] of dreams…… No! Sorry, no more about dreams. Let’s move on to the next subject.
20. What is the longest argument you’ve ever had? Did you win? “Ha!” is all I have to say about that. One of the longest arguments I remember was one that took place in Sunday School about whether the handle of the Big Dipper went up or down. (Yes, this was actually in Sunday School. Poor teacher.) And my side of the argument lost. I was proven wrong by a picture on someone’s iPod. I now have a bitter grudge against pictures of constellations on iPods.
21. Did you notice that you accidentally skipped question #4? No.
Because I didn’t actually. I just did that to see how many people I could get to waste their time scrolling back up to #4 before they found out that I was kidding.
23. Did you notice that you skipped #22? Yes. I did that on purpose to see if anyone would notice.
24. Is the glass half empty or half full? Oh, about halfway in between.
25. If someone told you that this post was long enough, would you believe them now? Hmm…………
Just joking. Yes, it’s gotten long enough, partly because it’s taken several days to actually finish this, and partly because I’m running out of questions. 🙂
Oh, and P.S. I do brush my teeth every night.