…since I have nothing better to post about.
You see, I love to write, and I can hardly stand it when I’m not able to find something to write about at least eight times a week. Well, I may be exaggerating a bit, but I’m known for that around here, so never fear!
So here is some randomness.
Below are 10 reasons that I love my family (and that includes those cousins of mine who might be reading this). Oh, and just for the record, I have lots more than 10 reasons to love my family. But here are just a few:
1. Certain members of the family belt out their times tables to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner or yodel their reading questions.
2. Another certain family member sharpens his pencil really, really, REALLY sharp and chases you around the room with it till you feel the tip, nod, and congratulate him on a job well done.
3. We act surprised when a friend tells us that climbing on our barn roof with us was the craziest thing he or she has ever done. We are all shocked that someone might NOT have climbed on a barn roof before then.
4. We all laugh when a friend tries to cut a cucumber with the knife upside-down. And then we go and do the same thing.
5. Everyone’s favorite color is green.
6. We all think it is quite natural to tip our trampoline on its side and jump from it into a snow pile.
7. It is wonderful to see the jealous and admiring looks that follow your brother, sister, and dad around when they ride unicycle and walk on stilts.
8. My brother and I can play catch with an imaginary ball and have a blast doing it. (For those of you who aren’t Bergens and can’t understand us…well, don’t worry. You’re not the only ones.)
9. The natural reaction when someone crawls under the table while everyone is eating lunch is “Start kicking!”
10. You don’t have to worry about looking too crazy, because you know you have tons of cousins that do the same crazy things you do.
So there you are.
Some of those reasons may sound a little silly or sarcastic. That’s because some of them are. But recently I’ve begun to see how truly blessed I am to have such a family. I’ve learned so much from all of my aunts and uncles, grandparents, and cousins. And there may be several of you out there that are reading this that are honorary members of the family. 🙂
Welcome aboard! Get ready for craziness!
Because craziness is never far from the Bergen family!